Pages

Friday, December 5, 2014

Jeb Looks Not Just Like a Candidate -- But Perhaps a Smart Candidate

Jeb Bush: GOP Must 'Lose The Primary To Win The General' from the Huffinton Post
"I don’t know if I’d be a good candidate or a bad one," Bush told attendees. "But I kinda know how a Republican can win, whether it’s me or somebody else." A winning candidate "has to be much more uplifting, much more positive, much more willing to be practical," than recent Republican presidential nominees, he said. The candidate should also be willing "[To] lose the primary to win the general, without violating your principles," Bush said."
THESE are the words of a very savvy pol!  The odds of him running in 2016 just went up in my view -- and IF he gets the nomination, he could be a VERY formidable opponent against Hillary or any other Democrat.  Can he win the nomination with this strategy?  Maybe.  I could easily see him being the only GOP contender with a positive message and someone willing to take real risks -- rather than just spoon-feeding his base what they want to hear.  However, if I were a betting man, I would say the odds are this strategy would fail -- simply because the base has too much of a hysterical lynch mob mentality rather than a coherent group willing too be reasoned with -- which I think is what Jeb is selling.  He could be the GOP's Bill Clinton of 1992 -- or he could simply be the Jon Huntsman of 2008. -- Nuggetsman

No comments: