Pages

Friday, March 25, 2016

The Advanced Age of the Fox News Audience Says A Lot About ... the GOP and its Problems

Republicans are old and getting older. That’s a huge problem for the GOP (Reihan Salam) from Slate
"My lack of interest in Fox News makes sense, though, when you realize that it isn’t a channel for Republicans. It’s a network for old people. As of the end of last year, the primetime median age of Fox News viewers was 68. Mind you, I’m not particularly young. I’m deep into my 30s, and I’m profoundly unhip. ... The advanced age of the Fox News audience tells you everything you need to know about the topics it covers, the look of its most prominent personalities, and its many advertisements for pharmaceutical solutions for older gentlemen who still like to get it on."

No comments: